It’s that time of the year when grumpy wasps are flying about looking for a place to winter. This means that your dog could accidentally have a run in with one of them.
What should you do if your dog gets stung by a wasp? First of all, try not to panic and remember that your dog will most likely be just fine. Having said that, wasp stings are painful and may swell. You can make a paste of baking soda and water and apply to the area that was stung. You can also apply an ice pack intermittently. Watch your dog carefully for signs of a more serious reaction. If the swelling extends beyond the area that was stung, if your dog seems confused, has difficulty breathing, or is restless, you should take your dog to the vet right away. Don’t wait because your dog could be having an allergic reaction and time is of the essence.
Pretty soon these pesky bugs will be gone, in the meantime enjoy the rest of the summer!