According to PetMD, some herbs and spices are not only safe but good for your dog!
- Aloe vera is a pretty common herb that is recommended for burns or skin irritations that your dog may have.
- Ginger is a tasty spice that can be added to homemade cookies to settle your doggie’s tummy.
- A less common herb is goldenseal; this powerful antibiotic is useful when made into a tincture and used for eye infections.
- Turmeric is an ancient herb that has been shown to reduce inflammation and help with bowel issues. However, it should be used with caution because it can also act as a blood thinner.
- Lastly, hawthorn has been shown to be beneficial especially, for older dogs with heart problems; it is an excellent antioxidant.
Always check with your vet before administering any herbs or spices to your dog.